Hellfrost Players Guide
An endless winter is coming…
500 years ago: From the frozen far north, beyond the civilized lands with their rolling hills and forests, arose a mighty army of frost giants, ice devils, Hellfrost dragons, and fearsome orcs, servants all of the ice god Thrym. So began the terrible Blizzard War and the downfall of the mighty empires of man
Today: The races of the southern lands may have won the war, but they suffer its legacy still. For five centuries the winters have grown steadily longer and colder. Huge swathes of the land of Rassilon are permanently covered in ice and snow, and even the temperate lands are not spared the misery of failed harvests, deadly winters, and the dreaded Hellfrost wind.
But winter is not the only danger. A mere 30 years ago, magic, once the civilized races’ most potent weapon, suddenly began to fail. The Siphoning, an effect of unknown origin, has made magic an unpredictable ally.
Welcome to the world of Rassilon. Welcome to the Hellfrost!
The Hellfrost Player’s Guide contains everything you need to begin adventuring in the frozen wastes:
- Six player character races.
- Dozens of new Edges, including Disciple Edges for religious heroes.
- Rules for hedge magic.
- Six alternate magical Arcane Backgrounds, a revised casting system removing the need for Power Points, and the effects of the magic-draining phenomenon known as the Siphoning.
- Details on 24 deities and their followers.
- Rules for Glory, a new trait that measures the great deeds of your heroes.
- Organizations suitable for character membership, including the Convocation of Elementalists, Hearth Knights, Reliquary, and Sisters of Mercy.
- Complete setting rules for adventuring in Rassilon.
You will need the Savage Worlds Core Rules to use this book.